Freitag, 2. Januar 2015

The effects of a Christmas Party


A Happy New Year to you all and a late Merry Christmas!

Today’s post is about my job again. But don’t worry, I’m not going to drown the blog in tears again. Because… it got better. Yes, really. And all because of the Christmas Party. I was there (it was more or less mandatory and I couldn’t afford not going) and I stayed almost till the end. Everybody who knows me just a little bit knows that I’m not one for parties. I just don’t like them. I don’t drink alcohol safe for a glass of sparkling wine or something. I don’t like dancing in a crowd. And I’m more or less completely exhausted once the clock reaches midnight and I need about a week to get alive again after a night like that. But I thought, alright, I’m going. Worst thing to happen is that I’m going to regret it and hide somewhere. I didn’t regret it (if you don’t count the silly games the newbies had to do. Did you know that popcorn is really sharp if you have to stuff your face into it to search for schnaps? I know it now. Luckily, when we couldn’t find any more bottles we were allowed to use our hands for the search. I REALLY hated getting my face somewhere where others had had their faces and hands before. I still have some half-healed cuts on my poor hands.

But well… it was for a good cause. I stayed till five in the morning and now I’m suddenly accepted. Just because I didn’t scarper the first opportunity. I want to point out that I didn’t change anything in how I work. I’m still doing everything like I did before. But suddenly it’s not wrong anymore. Suddenly I’m not the most stupidest, clumsiest oaf of all anymore. It’s fascinating, really. Why do I have to stay up late at a party that I didn’t like that much to be accepted? I mean, that’s not really mature, is it? You party with me and now I like you? Oh yes, that makes sense… But well, I’m not going to complain. It’s easier working without something breathing down your neck just waiting for you to make a mistake.

Oh, and on the even brighter side: We’re getting paid 1.50€ more from now on. Wage floor. Cheers!

3 Kommentare:

  1. YEEEEEEAH!!! I'm SO happy for you, really!
    I don't really have the energy to write more, just now that I'm really really happy for you and I wish you an amazing year (again) <3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, sweetie. It means so much to me that you're actually reading the nonsense I write about <3

      Löschen
  2. Of course I do, and it's definitely not nonsense!

    AntwortenLöschen